For universities and colleges, where feel and touch is required to get exposure to real experience; Like in engineering, medical education etc.
In many situations especially in professional education, pure e-Learning model or only classroom training is not the best choice. Students need to have practical exposure like driving, flying, machine operation or physical examination of a patient in medical education, surgical procedures; in any of this types of situation a combination of e-Learning and instructor-led or classroom training is used that is termed as blended learning.
There are many advantages of blended learning model,
- Classroom teaching has limitation of time and space; teacher may take advantage of e-Learning platform to provide educational material in addition to topics taught during class.
- Students may be given direct access to latest research providing links to different websites and e-books etc. thus saving students’ time.
- Students may take advantage of e-Learning after class hours at their own pace at their own time from their own place using any device like PC, laptop or smart phones.
- e-Learning goes paperless, as teacher may collect assignments online.
- Online examination saves a lot of teachers’ time, as it is automatically checked by the application; result, result analysis and question analysis is provided by e-Learning application immediately after exam completion.
- e-Learning platform combines educational and social interactions like forums, chat and webinars etc. that provide students with more engaging activities