Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
For universities and colleges, where feel and touch is required to get exposure to real experience; Like in engineering, medical education etc.
In many situations especially in professional education, pure e-Learning model or only classroom training is not the best choice. Students need to have practical exposure like driving, flying, machine operation or physical examination of a patient in medical education, surgical procedures; in any of this types of situation a combination of e-Learning and instructor-led or classroom training is used that is termed as blended learning.
There are many advantages of blended learning model,
- Classroom teaching has limitation of time and space; teacher may take advantage of e-Learning platform to provide educational material in addition to topics taught during class.
- Students may be given direct access to latest research providing links to different websites and e-books etc. thus saving students’ time.
- Students may take advantage of e-Learning after class hours at their own pace at their own time from their own place using any device like PC, laptop or smart phones.
- e-Learning goes paperless, as teacher may collect assignments online.
- Online examination saves a lot of teachers’ time, as it is automatically checked by the application; result, result analysis and question analysis is provided by e-Learning application immediately after exam completion.
- e-Learning platform combines educational and social interactions like forums, chat and webinars etc. that provide students with more engaging activities
Saturday, May 7, 2016
When we talk about education system; a general concept of having students, teacher, books and writing material in a classroom are considered mandatory elements of this system, all at one place at one time.
Almost every person on globe is using gadgets like smart phones, tablets, laptops or any other types of internet-enabled devices. Students commonly use their phone for gaming, video and also to connect with peers. Why not take advantage and make these devices more productive for students by simply adding an e-Learning platform to our teaching resources. Contents of e-Learning courses are accessible using any computing device like computer, phone, tablet, iPad etc. let it be Windows, Android or Apple IOS.
With e-Learning, physical distance between teacher and students is no more a barrier.
There are three factors that make a difference with e-Learning.
· Personalization: Learners’ can learn at their own pace, as course material is available online.
· Interactivity: Assignments, forums, chat and webinars may be used as tools of communication and assessment.
· Engagement: Different type of activities are available on most of the e-Learning platforms that provide gamification and collaboration thus makes e-Learning a more engaging experience for students
e-Learning is one of the best tool added to education system.